Monday, May 14, 2012

Going away party

My family has been visiting DC for a few weeks to meet our new niece, Charlotte, and help us get ready for the move. While here, they surprised us by throwing a Japanese themed going away party. There were decorations complete with hanging lanterns. The food was fabulous sushi and other yummy Japanese dishes that my sister whipped up :) We also got a Sasebo novel and a few language guidebooks that I'm sure will be our most prized possession in a few weeks - thank you Aunt Judy!
We all toasted with champagne and sake and my parents gifted us their chopsticks set that they got in Okinawa about 30 years ago.
It was such a wonderful surprise and is making moving in a few weeks seem all the more real! Thank you, family, for a great party - the best part about it was the company... followed closely by whatever that fatty tuna nigiri thing was!



  I wish I had more pictures to post of the decorations, food and thoughtfulness that went into the night. I'm still getting a hang of this blogging thing, so I will make a mental note to photograph more diligently in the future!

3 comments:

  1. Your site is looking good, Lisa! I've got it posted in my favorites, and will be waiting with great anticipation for your next post. Thanks for sharing! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a great surprise. We are looking forward to a very Hydes-ian weekend this weekend. Loving to soak up our time together before your next adventure begins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This party is quite impressive. Our grandparent’s anniversary was also equally a blasting event last month. It was a cute DIY party at an event venue Chicago. I planned this event and everyone appreciated my arrangements.

    ReplyDelete