Tuesday, May 28, 2013

M.A.

Part of the reason I've been so terrible at updating the blog lately is that I've been finishing up some work for my masters degree in elementary mathematics education. In the past six months I've completed 24 of the 30 credits I need to graduate. I'm taking a six month break for the baby and will finish up my last few credits in the beginning of next year.

The program I'm doing is online through Western Governors University and I really love it. You can begin a term at any time and you have six months to complete as many credits as you're able to. It's been nice to be able to make my own schedule. The first part of the program was math courses and lesson planning which I loved. The second part has been mostly research focused and I haven't really enjoyed it that much. My remaining credits are part writing and conducting my research project in a classroom and then an oral defense of the project. 

I'm so happy to have a live in tutor on this last research portion. Nathan has been helpful in proofreading my proposal and helping out with the statistics. He's also been a good listener when I go off on one of my it's ridiculous that elementary school teachers are writing research proposals instead of lessons, units or something that would actually be useful rants.

I'm happy to be taking a break for a few months and excited that early next year I'll have finished up my degree. I don't think this picture was necessary, but it is a super nice feeling to go to school in pajamas!



1 comment: