Sunday, July 14, 2013

Grandma


My grandma was a pretty amazing lady. She had a full life that took her from being dirt poor in the hills of Arkansas to living the good life and traveling the world. She was a wonderful artist. She was really funny and life was never dull when she was around. Her nails were always decorated to match a holiday or an outfit. She loved her grand kids a lot. She liked to say, "I'm not a cookie baking grandma, but I'll make you a White Russian." She had a great laugh. She really loved Nathan and the kids and ended every phone call, "I love you. Hug those boys for me." She's been a big part of my life and I miss her dearly.



I'll love you forever, Grandma.

Syble Freda Warden
March 7, 1923 - June 1, 2013

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. I miss my grandma quite a lot and know how hard it must be for you. Joy and sorrow wrapped together as one leaves and a new one comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, i am a good friend of Mr Ed Meaders. We were looking at some of your grandmother's paintings that he has here is Arkansas. we ran across this blog. if you like to stay in contact with your great uncle Edmeaders@yahoo.com, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (eddmeaders@yahoo.com) Sorry about that, i also like to comment that your grandma was a wonderful and amazing artist, the paintings your great uncle has is more than enough to express the talent she possessed. You have a wonderful day, God bless.

      Delete